Waste Poster
























United States of America. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. National Center for Injury Prevention and Control Division of Unintentional Injury Prevention. Injury Prevention & Control: Prescription Drug Overdose. CDC.gov, 17 Aug. 2015. Web. 25 Aug. 2015.

The CDC does a Biannual report on the causes of death in the US, the statistics I'm using are from the most recent one in 2013.

https://www.drugabuse.gov/related-topics/trends-statistics/overdose-death-rates
http://www.cdc.gov/drugoverdose/epidemic/public.html

















































I've had a lot of trouble narrowing down ideas but here are two.

One of my ideas is to do an infographic about mass shootings/gun violence.
Aside from this being a hot topic in the news, I have an personal connection which gives me an interesting perspective. My second cousin was killed in the Sandy Hook shootings, and I am a gun owner myself.
There are lots of statistics on this topic. However, I don't know if this falls within the parameters, and would certainly not be a "fun" infographic.
http://www.gannett-cdn.com/GDContent/mass-killings/index.html#frequency

I have also been looking a lot at traffic lights, how inefficient and wasteful they are. In terms of time, environmental impact, and safety. (I have found several sources for statistics on this.) The only problem with this concept is that Ogden in particular is in the process of revamping its traffic signals to make them more efficient.